night trap.......

I hear there is sum sort of "not nice" footage but I have never seen it. I guess they later released a different version that is supposed to be changed and not show that part......check out my friend mikey's site for more info on it, here is the url:

http://www.segacduniverse.cjb.net/

I got the 3do version which was left in it's orignal form and in no way changed, said to be the "worst" version along with the original SCD release. I never saw a shower scene which you speak of.

The 32X version is also said to be unedited. Then again, he hasnt given any details, so maybe he DOES have an edited version! :D

there were 3 versions of Night Trap for Sega CD. the first one had some footage that was removed upon public outcry. I believe a rape scene was part of this, and likely the shower scene too. the game got a Mature rating from Sega's review board (forerunner to ESRB)

I believe the removed scene was of a girl being attacked with one of the big hooks. I've never heard of anyting suggesting a rape. That would be way out of place compared to everything else in the game. The claim of violence was blown way out of proportion to start with. I'm assuming the shower scene with naked girls or whatever was a rumor.

As far as I know, there were 2 versions of Night Trap for Sega CD. The original red box was the uncensored version. The blue box and 32x versions are censored.

In the next week or two, I will have originals of all 3 packages. I will be going over them to compare.

Originally posted by King M@Jan 4, 2004 @ 01:14 AM

I believe the removed scene was of a girl being attacked with one of the big hooks. I've never heard of anyting suggesting a rape. That would be way out of place compared to everything else in the game. The claim of violence was blown way out of proportion to start with. I'm assuming the shower scene with naked girls or whatever was a rumor.

As far as I know, there were 2 versions of Night Trap for Sega CD. The original red box was the uncensored version. The blue box and 32x versions are censored.

In the next week or two, I will have originals of all 3 packages. I will be going over them to compare.

? Find a bargin to good to miss? or do you love Night Trap that much? :p

And yeah, those links I posted in the Manhunt thread should have explained most of it anyways.

That shower hook scene where he drains her blood? Yeah thats in the 3do and SCD versions... but why would that be questionable? It's fucking lame if nothing else. I mean he takes a WAY unnecesarily huge claw just to grab her around the neck and drain her blood... then she falls down... w00t?

I also thought that the enemeis themselves were pretty funny. Those swamp-people burgler dudes.

Hmm, I thought I read somewhere that the 32X version was the same as the original (unedited) SCD version.

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Jan 4, 2004 @ 06:09 AM

? Find a bargin to good to miss?

actually yeah. i just won the blue box on ebay for $5.50. i got a red box copy a couple months ago and i've had the 32x version since it was released when the system was still alive.

Back