Looking to Start Playing...

Well Im pretty new to PSO and I would like to get online and playing, I have no idea how to connect though... I just bought a BBA online for my dreamcast and if possible I would like to play with my DC. Im just waiting for my BBA in the mail and wondering what I should do to get started!

Well, I know atleast with v1 there were issues with getting it to work with a broad band adaptor. You're also going to need a dreamcast codebreaker to change the server address to connect to the schthack gateway as the sega servers for the dreamcast are long gone.

The easiest and cheapest way to play online is of course with the pc version of pso.

You can find all the details you need to get playing here:

http://schtserv.funurl.com/

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Sat, 2005-08-13 @ 06:49 PM

Well, I know atleast with v1 there were issues with getting it to work with a broad band adaptor. You're also going to need a dreamcast codebreaker to change the server address to connect to the schthack gateway as the sega servers for the dreamcast are long gone.

[post=138266]Quoted post[/post]​

Unless you are PAL :D

The EU and JP servers are still up for PSO.

And yes, you can access either server with either copy :D

If you went to the trouble to buying a BBA (like me), you might as well shell out a couple more bucks for pso v2 EU, and a modchip so you wont have to use a bootdisk.

the homebrew servers leave a lot to be desired. There are many bugs when a DC user joins a pc server. There are many times when chat wont work, items wont pick up, freezing, and times when maps just wont load at all. Those servers are also OVERUN with hackers and cheaters whereas the dc servers boast a strong legit majority.

There's no pirated copies of pso EU either, as opposed to all the warez slime that lurks in those hacked to death servers. Only true legit kids on Sega Maintained servers ;)

I've played pso pc and dc on the homebrew servers for some time, and it's just not the same.

so come with me! join the ranks! avoid the great unwashed!

actaully anytime I catch anyone hacking on my server I ban them. It's actually pretty rare to run into a hacker on any of the servers that aren't the main server.

As far as the dc user on a pc server... that may be... I've never tried to connect with the dc... but I've had no problems playing with the pc.

Back