Indigo Prophecy : CENSORED

I just picked up Indigo Prophecy for the PC. I was intrigued by the demo: it plays like a logical progression the graphic adventure genre. It's in my bag right now. After looking about the internet, I found out that the game is censored for sexual content. This makes me quite angry. I can buy a uncensored version of "Intimacy" on DVD, which includes actors having actual sex on camera, on Amazon, and they have to cut out a few sex scenes on the game. All this adds up to is that demagogues are making us more and more puerile and immature, because if there are no ways to portray sexuality in a serious manner, if it's made to be such a taboo, we'll all be giggling to "Titticaca" jokes for the next twenty years. I think I'll return the title and buy an import. Jesus christ.

I agree, but sadly it's just as much the industry's fault IMO. They could release it with an M or AO rating (not sure what the game is rated) if they wanted, but just like Hollywood movies, the money wouldn't be as good, so they cut content. True, pressure from interest groups and retailers is a big factor, but there are still plenty of outlets that would carry the game anyway, and I doubt the 'mature' version would be stigmatized that much as a PC title. Console games are a bit different, though.

I played farenheit today, and I believe that's the euro uncensored version of indigo prophecy. Was pretty cool, it's origional, I like that. Was sumthin fun and different to play. Felt kinda like an RE game cuz of the movement of the char but other than that it rocked.

Sigh, I'm sorry about this post. I know it's the same old story in the industry. Actually I was more angry about how we tend to flout an idea or concept in America as a "moral authority", and the result is things like self censorship. I hate this, and I can't believe we let people get away with this. Are we still living in the Middle Ages?

Back