I'd like to make a contribution.

Audio CDs:

SEGAROCK VOL.01

SEGAROCK VOL.02

Sega Saturn game rips:

Dragon Force II (OP/ED only, everything else on disc is SEQ midi)

Rockman X3 (audio tracks plus OP/ED ripped from data track)

Megaman X4 (only 2 audio tracks, plus OP theme ripped from data track)

Silhouette Mirage

Virtua Fighter 2

I also have 320kbps MP3s from the Gunstar Heroes AST (the actual arranged soundtrack released by Treasure, not the Genesis game audio).

The SEGAROCK albums each contain 10 original audio tracks and 10 rock remixes. They're rather hit-or-miss, but those worth keeping are *excellent*.

So how should I rip these and who do I send them to? :)

Wow, that would be a nice contribution, I'm sure! :)

As you mentioned though, certain games do contain audio in the SEQ format. It would be fantastic to develop a player for this format - either something of a basic emulator or just a parser which would allow playing on the PC.

But anyway..! :D Best of luck with the ripping, etc.

Originally posted by Drenholm@Sun, 2005-02-06 @ 04:31 AM

As you mentioned though, certain games do contain audio in the SEQ format. It would be fantastic to develop a player for this format - either something of a basic emulator or just a parser which would allow playing on the PC.

CyberWarriorX has made a seq2mid converter, but the instruments aren't always accurate. I've converted a lot of SEQ music and have programs that can adjust the instruments, but they'll never sound right playing from any PC sound card.

If only somebody could figure out how to load and emulate a game's sound drivers...

No offence to CyberWarriorX - his program is still fantastic - but the instruments are hardly ever accurate.

This is clearly because MIDI and the Saturn Sequence Format have different instrument sets which are not directly comparable and even if similar MIDI instruments were found, the resulting MIDI would probably sound inferior to a sequence generated by the Saturn's own very good synthesizer.

Emulating the Saturn's synthesizer would be good, but also very tricky and only really for those who really wish to be able to play SEQ files on their PC.

Back