Home made games

Im not huge into computers but im a big sega freak and I had this idea about how cool it would be to make my own game and play it on my saturn. Then reality hits and i remember that i know nothing about this. Is it even possible to make a "good" saturn game on a home computer? This idea has been floating around in my head for about 2 weeks now and i really want to do it so Im willing to sit down and write hours of mind numbing code. I would think with saturn technology being over ten years old that with computers today it should be a hard but possible experience. Any help/suggestions/commments positive or negitive would be great.

Welcome to the forums Reala.

I would recommend checking out the Saturn Dev section of the site, there are some tools, documentation, and examples there.

Keep in mind, it's not for the faint of heart.

It is possible, but Saturn was really designed for people familiar with console/arcade programming. I don't recommend starting with C/SGL if you don't have any prior programming experience. However, you might want to look into Game Basic - some resources/tools are available under the Saturn Dev page.

Back