Help with SuSE 9.1 & Mac OS X 10.3.4 networking!

Uhm... I got the same results I got before while doing ifstatus dsl0 without the -o modifier...

GUI browser that I did not know of:

Menu --> System --> monitor --> info center

Choose 'network' from the list.

I was experimenting, I don't know if this will work. But if it does, fantastic.

Go into yast, set up the firewall as I had already described, and then under network services, try setting up:

'DHCP Server'.

I can't get it to go on mine, I don't have my CDs with me. Try it, maybe that'll fix it? I see an option for adapting the firewall settings to it, that might just be what you're trying to accomplish.

At this point it's getting pretty late; I'm at work and I'm about to head out... you may be better served by someone on this board who knows more (probably much more) than I. And if anything, this may be a useful forum:

http://www.webservertalk.com/forum76.html

Good luck, hopefully it works out.

Domo arigato degozaimasu, MTXBlau-kun!

Everything is working perfectly now!

*kisses*

:phew: congratulations. If there's any modifications to what I suggested (or you found something else) let me know so I can write this all down.

congrats, again. Make sure you stay on top of the updates, there seems to be more than a few security holes.

Ah! I need help once more...

I am currently able to share the internet connection, but I cannot share files... I can the the other system via Samba, but when I access the other system's "folder", I see nothing... I cannot copy files in there or anything...

Help, pleaaaasee~~~

You can't access the files of which system? The SuSE machine or the client machine?

If it is the client's machine, verify the settings for the client machine (that all permissions are accurate/correct), read/write is enabled, etc.

You could always use NFS in lieu of Samba.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Jun 10, 2004 @ 11:19 AM

You can't access the files of which system? The SuSE machine or the client machine?

If it is the client's machine, verify the settings for the client machine (that all permissions are accurate/correct), read/write is enabled, etc.

Both systems can be seen in the network, but I cannot get into either the SuSE machine or the iBook.

When I try to get into the SuSE machine, I get asked for user/pass/domain, but I always get a "wrong user/pass/domain" dialogue.

Have you added your user to the smbpasswd file?

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Jun 9, 2004 @ 03:52 AM

Now, you need to add users to the share, with this (as a super user in a terminal) command:

Code:
smbpasswd -a user password

where user is the client's username and password is the client's password.

Quoting me :)

Back