Getting still images from DVD

The title says it all. I need to get some high quality images from a DVD. Is there a good freeware app that can do this, or a fully-functional time released trial? Thanks!

Do you mean you want to capture still frames of a movie while its playing?

If so you can just play the movie in a player, pause it at the frame you want and use the PintScr button on your keyboard. Thats the easiest way to do it I found. Of course if you have something enabled on your video card it will only capture a black screen, im not quite sure off of the top of my head what option it was, maybe video overlay??

DirectDraw.

Right click on the desktop, click properties. Click settings tab, and then click the advanced button. Then click the troubleshooting tab. Move the slider all the way to the left, and okay your way back out of all the menus.

Now print screen can snag shots of DivX and DVD video. When you're done, crank the slider back up.

Originally posted by Raijin Z@Sat, 2005-05-28 @ 12:33 AM

DirectDraw.

Right click on the desktop, click properties. Click settings tab, and then click the advanced button. Then click the troubleshooting tab. Move the slider all the way to the left, and okay your way back out of all the menus.

Now print screen can snag shots of DivX and DVD video. When you're done, crank the slider back up.

[post=134612]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmm, that's interesting. What does disabling hardware acceleration do? Is it more beneficial to use directdraw?

Back