Game Saves collect project

what's sendspace retention time ? we may store these files on a real host

I'm copying the saves to Save Data Manager's CDROM, and they will be available from my download page at the same time I will release Pseudo Saturn Kai.
Save Data Manager will feature backup import feature as well as Pseudo Saturn Kai firmware flasher. So Save Data Manager will be "one CD-R to rule them all" :D

How will I be able to download the saves? And could I use that tool in my PC just to convert saves from one type to another?

How will I be able to download the saves?

All saves will be gathered in a single .iso file, so extracting few of them will be possible with appropriate tool.
For example, I use 7 zip file manager to browse .iso files, but you can also mount the .iso file with Daemon Tools and then browse it with explorer.

BTW, I'm OK to host your saves with short description and individual download link here, but in exchange I would like to re-use VGM screenshots (one or two per games) for this page. Is it possible ?
Of course, I can also add a link to VGM near each screenshots.

And could I use that tool in my PC just to convert saves from one type to another?

If you want to use the saves on emulator, then running the Save Data Manager on that emulator is the simplest way to do.
Save Data Manager GUI may not be really user friendly in comparison to what modern OS offers, but it will run whatever the OS you're using (Windows, Linux, or even Android on your smartphone) as long as you can run a Saturn emulator on it of course :)

And if you want to some complex tasks with save data files (convert format to another one, view memory usage map for each save data, defragment save file system, etc), then using ss-save-parser is the best way to do.

BTW, I'm OK to host your saves with short description and individual download link here,

Well I was kind of hoping all the saves you have would be hosted for anyone to download. I guess I could put it in a torrent once I get them all in one format.

but in exchange I would like to re-use VGM screenshots (one or two per games) for this page. Is it possible ?
Of course, I can also add a link to VGM near each screenshots.

Of course, no need to ask for permission. Use any image you want. No need to credit VGM each time. You can drop some 'thanks to' somewhere in your site and that would be enough :)

If you want to use the saves on emulator, then running the Save Data Manager on that emulator is the simplest way to do.

How would that work? Can emulators load the tool as if it were a game?

And if you want to some complex tasks with save data files (convert format to another one, view memory usage map for each save data, defragment save file system, etc), then using ss-save-parser is the best way to do.

Yeah, that parser has been helpful, but there are saves it doesn't load. For example, those saves in .dat format, so I couldn't convert them on my own and I'm hoping your tool lets me? Or if the saves you have are in .bin format already, then I wouldn't need to convert anything.

And yes, Tetris Attack is the best puzzle game ever.

Back