Game opinions.

I don't think Blanka's that bad. He can be annoying, sure, but he's not so bad that the game itself is broken.

So, you saying I've spent nearly nine years my life for nothing, because I have NO ONE to play in VF?

Whatever....

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 24, 2004 @ 02:45 PM

So, you saying I've spent nearly nine years my life for nothing, because I have NO ONE to play in VF?

Whatever....

Maybe.

You may be good, but competitively speaking you do not have experience.

I understand that I'm inexperienced competitively.

However, after all this time, I feel I could hold my own.

I'm very confident in my skills as a VFer.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jul 24, 2004 @ 05:40 PM

Capcom vs SNK (1) is slow, the distances are badly proportioned, overall, the system is has many flaws.

Capcom vs SNK 2 is better, but pretty broken, the roll-cancels, Blanka, and same distance problems make it unbalanced for competitive play. But, in the other hand, it is a good game if you are just looking for entertainment.

it290, you are completely right on that, the only way to actually get better is by spending hours and hours playing against HUMAN enemies. The same applies to any other truly competitive fighting game.

Admit it. You're pissed at the games because Capcom intentionally toned down Kyo and Iori, making them almost useless. ;)

I have got the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection and I like it alot. 2 Street Fighter games on one PS2 Game CD - That is weird. Street Fighter III: 3RD Strike is OK to play. Hyper Street Fighter is cool too. I like that is has a full-length movie on it. It is a real good movie. These 2 Street Fighter Games are fun to play with.

Another game is WWE Smackdown Shut Your Mouth & Here Comes The Pain. When I create wrestlers on these games, I create wrestlers from various video games. Example A - WWE Smackdown SYM - Billy Lee & Jimmy Lee from Double Dragon. Cody from Final Fight. Example B - WWE Smackdown HCTP - Benimaru Nikaido KOF 97 & Rock Howard CVS 2. Paul Phoenix from Tekken 4.

That is my opinion of video games.

Ah, thread resurrection. It's like reading it for the first time! I still can't read Lament of Innocence without having "Lament of Backtracking" immediately pop into my head. Every time.

While I agree with everything stated here, I feel I must add my two cents, get Gradius 5 its awesome... great great shootemup with beautiful levels and gorgeous graphics... thanks for your time. ;)

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Sep 19, 2004 @ 03:08 PM

Ah, thread resurrection.

post-24-1095837633.jpg

Originally posted by it290@Sep 22, 2004 @ 07:05 PM

Gradius V.... hmmm...must...resist...urge..to..buy...ps2...

Don't do it!

:lol:

If you do, at least buy something worthwhile... VF4/VF Evolution/VF Final Tuned!

:thumbs-up:

VF is nice and all... but this is Gradius V we're talking about, son. Do you even understand what I'm saying, or is it completely lost on you?

VF is nice and all... but this is Gradius V we're talking about, son. Do you even understand what I'm saying, or is it completely lost on you?

My vote goes for completely lost. Anyone who understands could not have made such a senseless remark. There was some chump over at DCEmulation who expressed a similar sentiment, and I had to summon up a good amount of tact to gently correct him. Ah, here it is, seems to work about as well here:

Gradius doesn't deserve that kind of bashing; if you don't like it, you don't like it, but it hasn't lasted nearly 20 years, been ported to over 10 platforms, and spawned two spinoff series for want of respect.

Oh no, I love Gradius as well.

I had just been playing some VF when I had posted that, so I was in "VF Mode" like I am all the time.

In fact, I'm REALLY interested in Gradius V.

When I first saw screenshots, I was drooling to no end. Same with when I first saw gameplay footage. :drool:

Back