Game Gear screen

Hi to all !!

I would like to ask you some clarifications about my Game Gear.

I just bought a new one a few days ago and i noticed that the screen is a way too light.

I tried to adjust the brightness of the LCD using the using the proper brightness control and I noticed even if the colour changes a little bit the problem still remains the same...

I thought this is normal for the type of LCD screen considering its specifics (i.e. passive LCD screen ???)

Also I noticed a vertical effect line for each sprite (sorry for using this bad world) which make me think that the regulation of the screen isn't optimized (like a channel TV that isn't well sintonized).

Can you please help ???

:huh

Thanks in advance

Massimiliano

I just bought a new one a few days ago and i noticed that the screen is a way too light.

I tried to adjust the brightness of the LCD using the using the proper brightness control and I noticed even if the colour changes a little bit the problem still remains the same...

I thought this is normal for the type of LCD screen considering its specifics (i.e. passive LCD screen ???)

Too light as in the screen is hard to make out (like the backlight isn't bright enough) or too light as in the backlight is much too bright, even when the brightness control is turned down?

On my GG, the brightness control has a big impact on the screen, you can make it go from black to pure white. If it isn't this responsive, maybe the backlight is wearing out?

The GG colors always look a bit washed out. Even at the best angle and brightness the screen won't look 'perfect'. The GG is a great system, but the quality of the old LCD screen really sucks. :)

Also I noticed a vertical effect line for each sprite (sorry for using this bad world) which make me think that the regulation of the screen isn't optimized (like a channel TV that isn't well sintonized).

Can you please help ???

This is normal. When you have a bright object on the screen, it casts lines horizontally and vertically, it's most noticable vertically as you mentioned.

Back