Final solution to DC reset problem!

Even if it just happens once every half year, its still irritating to play games with the suspense that the DC might reset anytime. So I thougt, perhaps I could solder the PSU contacts to the connector. Then, there is no risk they will lose contact. I am pretty used to soldering, so that is not a problem, however I wonder if this might destroy my DC in any other way. What do you think? Is this necessary and will it work?

It should work, but it will be a pain in the arse to get the DC apart again if you ever have to.

mal said:
It should work, but it will be a pain in the arse to get the DC apart again if you ever have to.

To fix my reset problem, I've tried soldering the 6 Power Supply Unit pins with the mainboard. I've used some thin cables, such that there is no problem when I ever have to take the Dreamcast apart.

Anyways, the reason why I'm bumping this old thread is, that even soldering didn't help the reset problem. The Dreamcast still resets 1-2 times a minute.

When it first appeared, I used some matches to press the contacts more closely together, it worked for a while. Then after some months, the reset problem occured again. From there on, it couldn't be removed. I tried cleaning the contacts with a sharp knife and even soldering didn't work.

What else can I do?

OK, cleaning or soldering the PSU-Pins didn't work, putting a book onto the CD drive didn't work......then I fixed the little black switch with some tape and it works!

I'm very happy now, because I can play Shenmue 1/2 at christmas.

Back