Favorite RPG Series?

Cloud121

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I may be missing one or two. But that's what I remember for now...

I vote Phantasy Star. Although Chrono gives it a good run...

And no, PSO does NOT COUNT!

I added a couple more I thought of off the top of my head. Xenogears came to mind too, but I decided it doesn't deserve to be up there.

Suikoden is a personal favorite of mine particularly the second one. I would have voted Phantasy Star but I'm only on the second game.

GAH! How the hell can I forget Dragon Quest and Grandia?!?!?! Bah...

Yeah, Xenogears doesn't deserve to be up there. As it is the worst RPG ever, and most overrated game ever!

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 22, 2004 @ 09:12 PM

GAH! How the hell can I forget Dragon Quest and Grandia?!?!?! Bah...

Yeah, Xenogears doesn't deserve to be up there. As it is the worst RPG ever, and most overrated game ever!

I think it might have been good as an anime or manga.

Originally posted by it290@Jul 23, 2004 @ 02:55 AM

I vote for Fallout. Best RPGs ever.

I considered it, but its too depressing to vote for it now. I'll vote for Lunar.

To difficult. I enjoy many of those. The first 2 Fallouts are awesome, the first 6 Final Fantasy's rock, PS 1,2,4 are fun. I'm going to vote for FF. I have gotten more hours of enjoyment from that then any other RPG series.

Of the ones listed, Fallout is the only one that even contains any roleplaying elements.

Yeah, Xenogears doesn't deserve to be up there.

*cough*Xenosaga*cough*

edit: And if you're going to include Shining Force you should also include Langrisser, Tactics Ogre, and Final Fantasy Tactics.

edit again: You also missed Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia/Destiny/Symphonia/Rebirth/Eternia.

I'm not much of a RPG fan but I'm voting Grandia for the battle system. I really wish Skies of Arcadia and Panzer Dragoon Saga become series' in the future.

Originally posted by axelblazeadam@Jul 23, 2004 @ 04:45 PM

I'm not much of a RPG fan but I'm voting Grandia for the battle system. I really wish Skies of Arcadia and Panzer Dragoon Saga become series' in the future.

:agree My friend won't shut up about wanting a sequel for Skies of Arcadia/Eternal Arcadia. "Don't tell me, tell them!"

Originally posted by ExCyber@Jul 23, 2004 @ 10:53 AM

*cough*Xenosaga*cough*

edit: And if you're going to include Shining Force you should also include Langrisser, Tactics Ogre, and Final Fantasy Tactics.

edit again: You also missed Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia/Destiny/Symphonia/Rebirth/Eternia.

Xenosaga is in the same boat as Xenogears. ONLY WORSE!

FFT counts as Final Fantasy.

I completely forgot about Ogre...

GAH! I forgot Tales and Star Ocean! How could I forget those as well!

This is easily my worst poll ever, as I forgot everything! :damn:

Back