Favorite Phantasy Star Character?

Cloud121

Established Member
Rolf > ALL! :thumbs-up:

I had to cut Lutz from Phantasy Star II, and Crys and Adan from Phantasy Star III off the list.

Come on. We ALL know that Nei is the best. Had she lived, she would have been able to kill anyone.

Actually though, I guess Neifirst kicks even more ass, but..

Originally posted by it290@Jul 15, 2004 @ 07:48 PM

Come on. We ALL know that Nei is the best. Had she lived, she would have been able to kill anyone.

Actually though, I guess Neifirst kicks even more ass, but..

Oh thanks a lot, I didn't finish the game yet. :p

Originally posted by it290@Jul 16, 2004 @ 12:48 AM

Well, if they had more equipment you could buy for her, maybe.

I voted for Rolf. He is certainly my favorite character, though I like a lot of the characters in the series.

Notice the name of Rolf's ultimate weapon. That's right, it's the Neisword.

edit - besides, even though I like the name Rolf, I never call him that in my game anyway. Not to mention the fact that Rudo kicks his arse.

Rolf would destroy Rudo!

Rolf would beat Chaz, due to him having more battle experience. He's a special agent for a living.

Chaz has the Elsydeon, which is the strongest weapon in all of the Phantasy Star universe. That and, it's the only weapon with enough power to destroy The Profound Darkness. However, that wouldn't give him a big enough advantage.

Rolf > Chaz! :lol:

No, the strongest weapon in the PS world is Rudo's big-ass shotgun.

edit - besides, he looks like Rutger Hauer! What more do you want, man?

"I want more life, fucker!" - Rutger Hauer, Blade Runner

Okay, I was joking about the weapon thing (kinda), but Rudo is far more powerful than Rolf for most of the game. He does great damage and has great HP to back it up. His only disadvantage is his lack of techniques.. Rolf would be totally useless without his techniques. Not to mention his weapons are a joke for most of the game (okay, they're better than what the scientist-type characters can use, but still). And I don't think I need to even say anything about what a badass Nei is.

WHA?! Rolf would be nothing without his techniques? I hardly ever used his techniques (I never did get Megido...), but he still owned Rudo in every way. That's why Rudo was so strong. He had no techniques. Rolf had quite a few techniques, and that brought his strength down. Yeah, Nei was cool, and I cried when she died, but I'm a Rolf fanboy! :lol:

Besides, anyone with a sword owns anyone with a gun any day of the week.

You don't see Rudo's gun teleporting back to Esper Mansion, or healing everyone when Dark Force brainwashes everyone eh? Heh... Only Rolf and the trusty Neisword could do it!

Oh yeah, and, the Neisword has nothing to do with Nei herself. They just happen to have the same names.

If I remember correctly, Nei was a term for "All powerful" or something like that. So in other words, Rolf uses an "All Powerful Sword".

Bah.. I can't remember what the hell the "Nei" meant in the Nei Items...

Okay dude, that settles it. Let's have a duel. You bring a sword, and I'll bring a gun, then we can decide whether Rolf or Rudo would win.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 16, 2004 @ 01:46 PM

WHA?! Rolf would be nothing without his techniques? I hardly ever used his techniques (I never did get Megido...), but he still owned Rudo in every way.

Rolf would be pretty weak without his techniques. I voted Rolf, he's my favorite, but I'm not blind. He uses them to great effect on bosses and for leveling up. It allowed me to go to Piata and level up way before I was supposed to be there, skipping all titanium gear and going straight to ceramics. But if he didn't have techniques, he'd only be strong against enemies with low defense. Swords in PSII do minimal damage to heavily armored (read: mechanical) targets. Rudo may not always do as much damage, but guns are essentially unaffected by armor.

Anyway, I still like Rolf a lot better, and I always learned Megid. In fact, the last time I played it, I leveled Rolf up alone in Noah. I was able to cast Megid 3 times. I found that I couldn't kill Dark Force alone. However, I could easily kill Mother Brain alone at level 60 something. She/It doesn't deal nearly enough damage at that point.

Also, Chaz wouldn't stand a chance. His stats max out pretty low, in case you didn't notice. :D So he can't do much against someone with 4 times his strength, for example.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 16, 2004 @ 09:46 AM

Oh yeah, and, the Neisword has nothing to do with Nei herself. They just happen to have the same names.

If I remember correctly, Nei was a term for "All powerful" or something like that. So in other words, Rolf uses an "All Powerful Sword".

Really? :p

Back