Favorite Capcom Crossover Fighter?

Cloud121

Established Member
Tough vote for me between XM vs SF, Marvel vs SF, and CVS Pro...

I'll have to go with X-Men vs Street Fighter on this one, as I used to play that game religiously...

Yeah, I know Fighters Megamix is a crossover fighter as well. But this is for Capcom only...

SVC Chaos has Capcom fighters in it, so that counts (although SNK developed it).

yeah theres's something about the original X-Men vs Street Fighter that was extra cool, but I can't put my finger on it.

If you're going to put SvC Chaos in, you should probably include Match of the Millenium as well.

Out of the Capcom/SNK games. From what I've played, I prefer Capcom vs SNK Pro myself. CVS2 is great as well, but I enjoyed Pro more.

Originally posted by it290@Jul 15, 2004 @ 07:44 PM

Heh, yeah right. Low res sprites + high res 3d backgrounds = :puke:

Are you talking about the ps2 version?

Nothing can beat the fun you get playing xmen vs street fighter. It is one of the main reasons I have a saturn.

Are you talking about the ps2 version?

Any version, doesn't really matter. They all have that problem. But the ones I have played are the DC and PS2 versions.

And as for MvsC2, it's a fun game, but hardly without 'flaws' of its own. In fact, it's littered with them.

Originally posted by it290@Jul 16, 2004 @ 05:18 PM

Any version, doesn't really matter. They all have that problem. But the ones I have played are the DC and PS2 versions.

And as for MvsC2, it's a fun game, but hardly without 'flaws' of its own. In fact, it's littered with them.

Yeah -- the DC version too

Dont' get me wrong, the game looks nice overall, but you can definately see pixilated outlines of the character sprites against the backgrounds.

I suppose if you have a smaller screen, you might not notice.

I like Marvel vs Capcom 2, but I hate the competitive scene it has... you always see the same characters over and over again, a really cheap and predictable game.

What I like is that it has a huge character roster, very nice designs, most of the characters are fairly "good", and the system is pretty nice as well. It is an entertaining game.

And I don't believe that there is any -current- fighting game as flawed as SNK vs Capcom. The collision boxes are simply crazy and the most inaccurate thing ever. The system overall needs to be polished.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jul 16, 2004 @ 07:47 PM

I like Marvel vs Capcom 2, but I hate the competitive scene it has... you always see the same characters over and over again, a really cheap and predictable game.

What I like is that it has a huge character roster, very nice designs, most of the characters are fairly "good", and the system is pretty nice as well. It is an entertaining game.

I will agree with you on that.

Except I hate the music (at least on the DC version)

You don't like X-Men vs Street Fighter?

I realize the roster is much smaller, but I find it more enjoyable overall.

Yeah, the music alone could have pushed me into voting for MvC 1 over 2. But the lack of polish doesn't help. Still, it IS very fun, and when playing at home people will use even the worst combinations of characters. Like my friend's Triple Servbot Surprise! Which sadly is typically much more dangerous than three Dans.

And I don't believe that there is any -current- fighting game as flawed as SNK vs Capcom. The collision boxes are simply crazy and the most inaccurate thing ever. The system overall needs to be polished.

Yes, SNK vs. Capcom has a lot of problems. It's too bad they won't be releasing a tuned or special version (at least not on the Neo). I've actually had times where the sprites overlapped and yet no damage was done. Plus the AI is piss-poor (although I guess that could be said about a lot of SNK games), and the whole thing feels kind of unfinished. It's still a fun game, but not one I'll be buying any time soon.

Back