Favorite 32-bit Generation Console?

Cloud121

Established Member
This is VERY close, and I know I'm gonna get flamed to hell for this, but I pick the PSX.

Don't get me wrong, I'll always love my Saturn, as it's what turned me into a Sega die-hard, but something about the PSX I love.

The PSX has the best game libary other than the Dreamcast. Although the MegaDrive is close.

Nintendo 64.. I love the thing to death. I can't decide which is Nintendo's best console: GameCube or Nintendo 64?

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Sun, 2004-10-31 @ 01:53 AM

This is VERY close, and I know I'm gonna get flamed to hell for this, but I pick the PSX.

Don't get me wrong, I'll always love my Saturn, as it's what turned me into a Sega die-hard, but something about the PSX I love.

The PSX has the best game libary other than the Dreamcast. Although the MegaDrive is close.

Nintendo 64.. I love the thing to death. I can't decide which is Nintendo's best console: GameCube or Nintendo 64?

[post=122079]Quoted post[/post]​

What about the 3do ? :D

n64 is 64 bit supp.

I doubt you'll really get "flamed" for liking PSX. Well, not any more than you get flamed in general. ;) It was a good piece of hardware, it had a good library with a lot of games (although obviously a lot were crap, there were good games). N64 had some good games too, but I had to use 3rd party pads to really enjoy any game, and it didn't have a ton of games I really liked. They were there, just not a lot of them. I think my friend owned just about every good N64 game released here.

I personally preferred the Saturn, as during that generation I was still a big fan of 2D games, with a few PC games being the primary exception until later on. Although that's not to say Saturn didn't also at times demonstrate its 3D prowess.

The poll should be 32/64-bit console and 3DO and Jaguar should also be up there. <_<

It's a tough choice between Saturn and N64 for me, I'm not sure, so I won't vote

hmmm, well its gonna be the saturn this round. personally i really dislike the N64, i own 3... yes 3, and ive never hooked either of em' up to my tv. I refuse too! And well you all should know my opinion of PSX from the next gen poll!

i know what im missing... my roommate always played his, same with my brother and my friends and everyone. Ive hated it since 7th or 8th grade, whenever it came out.

I´d say N64, the awesome muiltiplayer games, Rumble paks, Analogue stick, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Wave Race 64, Star Fox 64 and Golden Eye (4 player multiplayer) those were some of the games me and my friends used to play after school good times.

I also had a PS and a SS but those were rarely played compared to N64 I think it was the multiplayer action that made it so fun.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sun, 2004-10-31 @ 11:43 PM

i know what im missing... my roommate always played his, same with my brother and my friends and everyone. Ive hated it since 7th or 8th grade, whenever it came out.

[post=122265]Quoted post[/post]​

Let me run it down for ya....

Super Mario 64

Pilot Wings 64

Wave Race 64

Stars Wars: Shadows of The Empire (Favorite N64 game)

Mario Kart 64

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

Star Fox 64

Goldeneye

Extreme G

Michief Makers

Yoshi's Story (Either you love it or hate it. I love it)

Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball (Best baseball game ever)

NBA Courtside

Banjo-Kazooie (BEST N64 GAME EVER!)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Jet Force Gemini

Perfect Dark

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Banjo-Tooie

Sin and Punishment

What's not to love?

:)

Originally posted by ExCyber@Tue, 2004-11-02 @ 05:04 PM

what, no Sin and Punishment or Mischief Makers? :D

[post=122535]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha..

Whoops! Forgot about those. I love those games too. :D

I vote Saturn... I'm from darkest Africa, and managed to buy a jap model 1.00 from a tiny import shop which is no more, and up to this day people still say 'huh?? What the hell is that you're playing'... yup still playing the old gal... ask me about next gen, and I'll tell you the same story, but it will have me old jap DC in there... yeah, I really live in a dodgy 3rd world country... <_<

i've always wondered about the gaming scene in africa. Do you live in south africa?

I had a friend in primary school who came from south africa. They were a fairly rich (white) family judging from the pictures of there home and cars that they showed me. But he had some weird ass consoles, ones that i had never even heard of before. I'm pretty sure though that most were knock-offs. Do you guys have chain stores like eb etc?

Saturn no doubt. It was the 2D Fighter Power house. Want me to prove it:

Vampire Savior

X-Men vs. Street Fighter

Marvel Super Heroes

Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter

The King Of Fighters '97

Street Fighter Alpha 2 / Street Fighter Zero 2

Street Fighter Zero 3

Saturn easily.

I bought a Saturn in December of 1995.. the only time I've ever bought a system anywhere near launch. Even though it had only been around a few months it was already blowing me away with its amazing library. And looking at the previews there was SO much to look forward to. Saturn has got to have been the most exciting system to own for early adopters, ever. I had to sell my Turbo collection just to keep up with all the games that were coming out!

I eventually did get a Playstation, and I do consider it a good system. N64 never did it for me; there's maybe 10 games for it I consider worth owning. In contrast there's probably a hundred Saturn games I want.

Back