Fantasy Zone[v0](SMS/JP), Fantasy Zone[v1] [Proto](SMS), Summer Games[Proto](SMS)

vbt

Staff member
First we have the initial Fantasy Zone [v0] build for the Master System (ファンタジーゾーン [v0]), as released in Japan in the first batch of cartridges. This isn't a particularly rare find, and in fact I think I'm sitting on this one since quite a bit (thanks Enri for first submitting it), but it's the proper initial build with probable subtle bugs or things that were changed afterward. Later cartridges found in Japan used a later v2 build.

A gap?

And there it is of course, Fantasy Zone [v1] [Proto] (ファンタジーゾーン [v1] [Proto]), as far as I know a prototype since I only found this build in an early production run (thanks Raccoon Lad!). I can't confirm being it 100% a prototype, but the bunch of regular Fantasy Zone cartridges I got access to and dumped all contained a [v2] build so I'll assume it is. You should be already playing this.

Don't run yet! We also have a Summer Games [Prototype] for the Master System. Five sports events, unfortunately the gameplay and artwork of Summer Games isn't better in the prototype than in the final version, it's pretty much misery. Oh wait, the scoreboard uses different graphics!

Source: http://smspower.org/#news

Back