Eternal Darkness - July 03

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
This game is really freaky. I purchased it about a week ago for $12, damn cheap. I love the courage meter and what happens when it goes down. This game really reminds me of the Alone in the Dark Series but with the courage meter.

I can't praise this game enough!

It's definately my top "128-bit" game thus far, and easily one of my top games of all time.

ED is everything RE should have been but has failed to achieve after 5 or so games.

It's a huge pity that more people didn't buy the game as its truely a testament to the combined talent at Silicon Knights and EAD.

A glaring reminder that great games don't always sell. :( I hate the mass-market.

It was too short to justify purchasing it so I would suggest renting it first or buying it if you can find ED:SR for the price of a rental. The insanity effects or whatever they are called are interesting at first but become tedious in a hurry.

Its around 30 hours if you completely err... complete it.

Thats not too bad.

And besides, I'd rather play 10 hours of a top notch game than 80 of a mediocre one.

Its around 30 hours if you completely err... complete it.
So are you agreeing it could be finished in a standard rental period?

So are you agreeing it could be finished in a standard rental period?

30 hours is a fairly long quest when you think that the majority of that isn't filled with random battles and 45 minutes dialogue sessions and cutscenes.

haha, 30hrs?!?! damn, that's a lot of playing. that's 6 hrs a day...almost a full-time job. I guess some ppl play more than others...

Man, remembering that game takes me back.

The game was awesome.

For those who played the game, remember the part when Alex in the tub full of blood dead, but it zooms in like frame-by-frame? That part scared the shit out of me.

This game was hot.
And after playing it, I finally understood why it made the Big N's top hit-list.

This is one of the first games that I've played that really tried to fuck with your mind.
Seeing stuff going across the screen, memory card tampering, hearing scary voices, and screams and crying... it was a first for me.

And with that first time playing it and beating it, I went on to play the other 2 levels.

Really nice game.

I give it a 4, out of 5.

I REMEMBER THAT!!! The memory card thing.

I was trying to save and it gave me a display saying that it was deleting, and I lost control of myself, because I had gotten far in the game. Turns out that it got me.

I feel ya on that one!

When that happen, it was me and my girl playing.
It freaked both of us out.

When I saw it, I was like, "Oh sh*t!"
In my head I quickly said, "Don't let it ruin the memory card, it's the only one you got!"
So I jump to the console and quickly turned it off.
After waiting a couple of seconds, I accessed the On-Board menu and double check to make sure the card was functional.
Me and my girl were both perplexed as to why this would occur.

Well, I called it a night after that and told my colleagues what happened that night.
They all laughed and said, "That's part of the game you dolt!"

Yeah, I felt like an ass after that and wanted to break the game for making me feel like a punk.

DAMN YOU SK! :lol:

I rented it from Hollywood Video..

This is not a game for weak stomached people. Thought it is very interesting to play cause there is suprizes around each and every corner.

EX. My guy started getting smaller by the minute the first time I played.

Plus this game is based on a myhical tale that is told to be true.

Nothing is really special about it. The graphics look nice in some parts, bland in others. The gameplay is pretty repetitive with the hack, slash, finish, but luckily, you can dodge enemies. Insanity is great the first few times, but later it gets annoying, especially the wailing.

But the one factor that redeems this game above any other game is the great story. I have never been immersed or engrossed with another story in any videogame. The ambience, music and sound effects are top notch as well. The puzzles, while simple are clever, so I won't complain here.

The story is mainly what makes this game great, and sets it apart from any other game.

Back