Deep Fear

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
DEEP FEAR.

Deep beneath the ocean reports are coming through that an unidentified object is entering the earth's atmosphere, heading straight for the Pacific ocean. The Naval submarine Seafox is dispatched immediately to investigate. Upon arriving at the refueling facility it crashes unexpectedly ....further investigation is required immediately. The general feeling is one of fear....Deep Fear! A story of drama, suspense and a large dose of action. Expect the unexpected, just don't expect to survive!

:ph34r:

Attachments

• Deep_Fear_EUR_Front.JPG
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Front.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 149
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Front.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 142
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Front.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 142
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Front.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Deep_Fear_EUR_Back.JPG
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Back.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Deep_Fear_EUR_Back.JPG
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Back.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Deep_Fear_EUR_Back.JPG
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Back.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Deep_Fear_EUR_Back.JPG
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Back.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Deep_Fear_EUR_Disc1.JPG
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Disc1.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 133
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Disc1.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 140
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Disc1.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 141
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Disc1.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Deep_Fear_EUR_Disc2.JPG
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Disc2.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Deep_Fear_EUR_Disc2.JPG
    Deep_Fear_EUR_Disc2.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Deep_Fear_JAP_Front.JPG
    Deep_Fear_JAP_Front.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Deep_Fear_JAP_Front.JPG
    Deep_Fear_JAP_Front.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Deep_Fear_JAP_Back.JPG
    Deep_Fear_JAP_Back.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 166
  • Deep_Fear_JAP_Back.JPG
    Deep_Fear_JAP_Back.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 166
Everyone on base, untill instructions are given, do NOT make a sound! I repeat, do NOT make a sound, this is not a drill.

Oh yeah, Deep Fear is really cool. Truemotion videos have great quality. The underwater base is huge, consisting of a lot of different areas.

The game is really expensive here, because it's been one of the last released games.

I would wish there were a little more visual polish on the polygon objects. The shadow isn't even transparent.

Ive only got the jap version so i havent been able to get into the game too much. But from what i remember from the jap version wasn't there a really over the top gay actor in one of the first cut scenes?

I would buy the english version if it wasnt so damn expensive as i really want to play it. Without giving me any spoilers is the plot any good?

I sat down and played this one from start to finish. Sure it bites RE (which bites AITD), but that doesn't matter because through the setting, storyline and characters...it still stands out in my mind as its own worthwhile experience.

I thought the plot was pretty interesting. I commend the writers for trying their best to explain / rationalize everything...you'll get none of that ominous 'Umbrella corp' stuff here, and it makes for a much more solid and linear adventure. Not once in this game did I think "Where the hell do I go next!!??" And when things happen in the storyline, its rewarding (in the same way Snatcher was). My favorite thing though, is that for better or for worse, the story is wrapped up at the end! Chances are there's never gonna be a sequel to this one, but truly there doesn't need to be. The story is told, and the game is great...what else is there to do?

I would wish there were a little more visual polish on the polygon objects. The shadow isn't even transparent.

Agreed. There's a cutscene where John talks to the Doctor using the in-game graphics and it totally looks like she's a purple zombie!

All in all, this is one of my fav. survival horror games...right up there with Illbleed (I respect the developers for trying something different), and RE:CV. And I still pull it out about every 3 months :lol:

Heh, guess that Big Jim isn't so invincible afterall ;)

Originally posted by Berty@Tue, 2005-08-16 @ 11:14 AM

But from what i remember from the jap version wasn't there a really over the top gay actor in one of the first cut scenes?

[post=138353]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, did he have a french name?

You're totally not alone. It sounds like some of the voice actors are just learning to read as their lines sound sooo disjointed.

"You mean"

(3 second pause)

"we"

(2 second pause)

"get to look at"

(2 second pause)

"all the military's top"

(2 second pause)

"secret weapons?"

I remember my second playthrough I was like "Just spit it out already!!" However, the crappy voice overs have eventually grown on me...then again I have a passion for quality bad movies (Repo Man, Dead Alive, anything Gene Wilder, the worse the damn better says I :lol: ) so most folks'll probably still hate it.

As much as I like this one, there are some bad points to it: like the voice actors. There are also times when the backgrounds can be pretty bland.

Also, this game is definitely more about action than anything else. Trust me when I say, you'll never run out of ammo in this game. And though your character dies pretty easily, there are very few times when you'll actually have that "ohcrapohcrapohcrap...." back against the wall feeling. Of course when there are intense / difficult moments they are Fantastic!! (the timed sequences come to mind)

Still, it's more than deserving of any gamer's time. I let some friends try this one out, and each played it to completion. Hell its still a running joke among us that sometimes when someone calls your name you whip around and say "nuclear terrorists!?" :D

Bought the Japanese version a few years back and played it straight through. I have always tried to get into the RE games but something about them just annoy me but this game sucked me in and kept me playing. I would love to get my hands on the Euro release someday. :)

Back