Controllers

What Nintendo console had the best controller?

• NES/Famicom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SNES/Super Famicom

• Nintendo 64

• Nintendo Gamecube

• Nintendo Revolution (soon to be)

• Total voters
What console do you think has the best controller?

Me, I personally liked the GCN controller, a good second would be the N64 controller.

Hmm...little unfair for the Revolution controller to be up there considering no one's had a chance to use it yet...but yeah, GC was a goood controller all right. N64 was a little odd, but it worked. Depending on what the Revolution is like, it'll be either that or the N64 that comes in second...perhaps first in the Revolutions case if it's any good.

i chose the gc as well though the 64 one was close i remember most people hated the 64 controllers no one was used to the analog stick i loved it playin mario 64 with a dpad would be murder!

I guess to be fair to the Revolution controller, I will post another topic similar to this one.

The only problem I had with the N64's controller is half the time I couldn't tell what button I was pressing before looking at the controller itself, largely due to the C buttons being very similar in shape and diagonal alignment. What I mean by diagonal alignment is with the C up and C left buttons side to side; if you wanted to press the C up button, you could press the C left button by mistake, the same with the C down and right buttons. It was okay the other way (left and down v. right and up). That's a major factor why I liked the GCN controller because the buttons were different in size (or if they were identical like X and Y, rotated). Another reason would be the control stick. Some people didn't like the C stick, but I found it okay to work with.

Classic NES all the way. Simplicity. SNES was good. GC's is decent enough, best of the current generation (not counting Dreamcast). N64's was awful. I cannot use the official Nintendo N64 controller. Period. I do not have three hands, and it does not fit in my hands anyway thanks to the limited space between the three parts of it. I use a 3rd party one from Performance that was redesigned with us two-handed people in mind. I think it was meant to closer resemble the Playstation Dual Shock, but in the end it ended up looking more like the GC controler (before the GC was released).

It is also perfect for FPS:

C buttons = Keyboard arrow keys or asdw.

Analog stick = mouse look

Z = Fire

A = Next Weapon

B = Action

R = Aim

edit= R for L

L? Can you reach L if you've got your left finger of the Z trigger? Wouldn't R make more sense considering you have a free finger?

Back