burning ps1 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only about 90% of the posts in this forum are piracy-related, so what's the problem?

well I thought there was like a 5 year rule or something on talking about copying games for systems, but I guess that's no longer in effect?

How to burn PS1 games by MTXBlau

1) Buy CD-Rs. Any brand will do.

2) Apply two parts of lighter fluid. Coat liberally. (Note: do this preferably outdoors, unless you like that sort of thing)

3) Now add one part match, lit (your helpful local grocery or tobacco shop can help you procure these). You can also use lighters, though your results may vary.

4) Cover, allow to simmer for 20 minutes.

5) Using Sharpie, write (legibly) name of game you wish to burn (i.e., Rollcage, Final Fantasy).

6) Place is jewel case and serve.

High Altitude directions: why the hell do you live so high up?

---

If you'd like help, you could, you know, tell us what you've done and what you're aiming to do. Most people on SX are talented, but mind reading isn't one of them.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Dec 4, 2003 @ 11:01 AM

well I thought there was like a 5 year rule or something on talking about copying games for systems, but I guess that's no longer in effect?

If someone's ever claimed such a rule exists, it has been a fiction created by the people who get hard-ons just thinking about Dreamcast warez here.

If any is planning on ripping ps1 games, then good luck finding some without permanant

rings of scratches.

hold up nephew, dont be givin that what's his name "yummy" somethin the wrong info, Look Yummy, you pay that nephew no mind, this is what you really do.

Man, it's easy, it's childs play and i hope u know how to play when u waz a kid...here's what a do:

First off, get you dat Goldfinger...they used to sell em in stores...i'm kinda rusty but what was, it's this thing where u plug it in the back and plug that in right....

2nd) there's this button that's gotta be hold down so find somethin to hold it down wit, i used to use a tooth pick...i'm ghetto like dat.

3) well, first burn you a ps1 game off of any blank cd on ur burner

4) turn the ps1 on and make sure that the lid is open and the lil button on the uper right button is down...then u gotta boot up wit a reg disk, take it off...it'll show up to this menu then u put in ur burnt copy and it should work

Conclusion: that goldfinger i was talkin bout...u buy that hoe and i'm sure they got some instructions you can follow but that's about how it's done. Dont ask. Dont tell.

really guys -- no more discussion here.

PSX games are very much being sold in every major retail store.

If you go by that rule, it's even worse than burning DC.

No talking about warez here.

well any DC/PSX/PS2/XBox/GC stuff should be locked/deleted.

I don't moderate this forum, so I can't do it myself

It bothers me about as much as the Saturn burning questions. So far the rules don't say anything about the PSOne so unless some policy decision is made I'll leave it be.

antime does have a point, yet I can clearly see that this guy wants to download games and not make legit 'backups'

Get a modchip and head on over to www.psxforum.com if you want info for sony stuff. Everything you need to know is there, lots of guides for you.

Originally posted by lethal_illuminati@Dec 3, 2003 @ 01:55 PM

hold up nephew, dont be givin that what's his name "yummy" somethin the wrong info, Look Yummy, you pay that nephew no mind, this is what you really do.

Uncle... uncle??! Is it really you?? I thought you were dead!!

I'll just say one quick thing about making copies of your own PS1 originals - always rip at 1x, always burn at 1x. Don't -ever- rip or burn any faster, or you risk data loss. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but PS1 has a microscopic CD load buffer and no dedicated ASIC so it's VERY sensitive to damaged data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back