Best NES cart Art

racketboy

Established Member
this may seem like a strange question, but I was just thinking it would be cool to have some NES carts on a wall display or something.

So I was hoping to get some opinions of what you all thought were the coolest looking NES cart lables. Ya know -- nothing cheesy, but some that have a cool retro-look.

For example, I think this Mario Bros. one looks neat:
a0_1.JPG

I'd ask for box art, but boxes seem like they are hard to find in good condition at a decent price.

Yeah, i always thought those pixelated labels looked awesome, it showed you the cutting edge graphics of the time.
I always liked Dragon Warriors art even though in my most analytical moment as a child, I thought the dragon and warrior were trying to make out.
09_1.JPG

Yeah, It's quite strange how only Nintendo (non-third party) NES games chose not to do up the box art with fancy 'art' like all other carts did :)

MegaMan 1/2 PAL version.
AWESOME box art. 'nuff said.
I'm gonna try real hard to find a picture, you need to see it.

edit:
Here we go, a bit low quality, but pretty cool if you ask me. I always thought the US did a crappy job of making MM box art. They always made him seem like a grumpy little gnome in a metal suit (starting at the MM3 art).
mm1palboxart.jpg
mm2palboxart.jpg

Back