Baroque for Wii

vbt

Staff member
"Baroque for Wii" is a transplantation work of PlayStation 2 edition sold in June. Every time I invade, I fight against "deformity" and the called monsters which obstruct a way aiming at an undermost layer in an auto-generation dungeon with the different structure "nervous tower".

Every time a main character dies or clears, it's given new birth. Every time I get new draft beer, a change shows in the world of a game, and I say that a mystery of "death" and "revival" repeated by playing many times is becoming clear.

The "player viewpoint" which makes Play Station plates and Sega Saturn plates assume bearing a close resemblance as well as a camera mode of PS2 edition "NORMAL (objectivity viewpoint)" are loaded as the feature of Wii edition. 2 kinds of this viewpoint can be changed freely by option setting.

It also corresponds to operation using a Wii remote control and nunchakus. "Spinkick" the "special offensive" of the etc. can be paid out by intuitive operation. It also corresponds to a classic controller, and it's possible to play by a sense like the former series work.

Motosaku's official site opened on December 21st. A game system, how to play, a character and a worldview are introduced small by a official site. An opening movie is also exhibited by a movie page.

Source : http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20071221/brq.htm

vbt said:
Every time I invade, I fight against "deformity" and the called monsters which obstruct a way aiming at an undermost layer in an auto-generation dungeon with the different structure "nervous tower".

Every time a main character dies or clears, it's given new birth.

Every time I get new draft beer, a change shows in the world of a game, and I say that a mystery of "death" and "revival" repeated by playing many times is becoming clear.

Wow! Can't miss the 'baroque' reference. Very eloquent poetry, especially for something translated from Japanese.

MTXBlau said:
How popular was this game to get a remake? That's amazing...

it was it's a game with an unique athmosphere, it was released on Saturn and Playstation 1. Now they do a remake for PS2 and Wii. I'd be able to buy it for a wii when I'll get one. I just want DVD playback on it another SEGA games and would want some nice arcade racing games using the wiimote.

vbt said:
it was it's a game with an unique athmosphere, it was released on Saturn and Playstation 1. Now they do a remake for PS2 and Wii. I'd be able to buy it for a wii when I'll get one. I just want DVD playback on it another SEGA games and would want some nice arcade racing games using the wiimote.

I'm not big on Resident Evil type games, I suppose.

There probably won't be dvd playback for the wii anytime soon. The overall feel of the system is that nintendo is aiming for a social gaming machine. Sonic and the Secret Rings is a lot of fun, as is Nights: JOD.

MTXBlau said:
There probably won't be dvd playback for the wii anytime soon.

They have delayed it to 2008 for Japan only, I just hope it will happen and it won't be cancelled.

Return to the topic, there is a good news Baroque will be released in US on the 18/03/2008. The game was so hard on the Saturn, I'm sure playing it in english will help a lot.

Maybe a Baroque fan could use the Wii version to release a english patch for the Saturn, well I can dream.

Back