Arcade cabinets

Cool, but What I been thinkin is i'll probably just hold off until xmas then i can get a pair of These bad boys and and just make a few modifications on them. Do you think they're worth it?

oh yea, metal bliss.

edit- WOW! I never knew there were such a big group of ddr addicts in Issaquah. I should drive over there sometime...nah.

(sigh) it IS hard to discern my emotions sometimes (friends tell me), but no, they really look nice

(sigh) it IS hard to discern my emotions sometimes (friends tell me), but no, they really look nice

Ok well i decided i'm not gonna buy one just yet. I'm gonna start out just with getting my two metal ddr pads (I decided to build them not buy them) and see if that is enough. So here is my question to you, people who know more of this than I: If i have no soldering knowledge, and have never built anything in my life, do you think i can build a ddr pad using these instructions?

I think the soldering is going to be the least of your worries.

If you are going to make them yourself, maybe get all the materials (wood, metal, etc) cut to the right size when you buy it. It will make the project more expensive, but considering your apparent lack of experience it will probably save a lot of hassles.

Thanks I thought that would be a good idea but again i found a solution to my own problem: Apparently my parents hire a handyman who is very good and is cheap as hell. He's gonna do this for me, he pays for parts and all and all i get charged is an hourly fee of 10 dollars
smile.gif
How much do you think this'll cost considering his fee?

Well there've been changes in plans. Seems that I'm too much of a cheap-ass to spend the money to get the cabinet built but I am getting the metal pad built. Xmas right around the corner and buying presents is a bitch so i'll see how much i got when that's all done. The pad's are a for sure though.

Back