Anyone still playing PSO on the server?

Amon

Staff member
I just got a friend into the dreamcast and PSO as well. Anyways, anyone still play on the server? I log on every so often... I get 5 hours dial up a month and I have had no luck with the pc - dc server. Even installed win me on an old pc to try it out.

I haven't played on a private server, or any server for that matter, in several years. It would be awesome if there was one the GC version could play on. Does sega still have their cube server online?

There is a server daemon for Gamecube. I don't think there's any real measure of compatibility between the Gamecube version and others though.

Linky

edit: okay, looks like I was wrong about compatibility; I don't know about the Dreamcast version, but there's a screenshot showing a GC client and Blue Burst (PC) both connected to the server.

edit again: apparently regular PSO PC is supported, and Blue Burst isn't (presumably that screenshot involved some hacking).

Anyone play on Schthack private server on PSO for pc, dc or gc? I have been playing both the pc and dc verson. I still prefer the DC verson because of the lack of graphic glitches and the controller... however the almost non existant loading times in the PC verson is nice :). All my chars got deleted recently cuz of file corruption but if anyone wants to play give me a pm or something.

Even though all offical pso v2 servers are down Schthack server is running strong. The HL authentication server is still up and running at the moment so any Jap V1, Jap V2, USV2 can still play online. There is a team working hard at a fix for then the authentication server goes down. Come on people ;) Dust of your dreamcasts or download the torrent and play some PSO :p

Back