21pin modchip issues

well, I finaly registered here!

I bought a 21 pin modchip from RACKETBOY a while back and have had mad issues trying to get it to work.

I got a 32pin saturn, and I've tried connecting to the chip, and tried the A+B method. It's connected to 5v pin, and I've tried both 14 and 19 bridges.

Boot up screen comes up fine, then hangs, then goes to cd screen with GREEN CUBES where it reads disc format and nothing happens.

According to the LOOONNGG thread on saturn modchips, I have a bad bridge, but I've tried both 14 and 19 many times to no avail.

Saturn will play audio cd's with the modchip installed.

Games play just fine without modchip installed.

CD board and Chip

PowerSupply

Front of Chip

Back of Chip

Anyone got opinions?

thanks,

Kingbuzzo.

Nice to see you got registered :D

I've already talked with kingbuzzo a bit and recommended he talk to the experts here. :)

I'd say that it's either:

not getting power - did you solder the red wire to the wire that you've got going to the PSU or is it just taped?

or

not quite lined up properly - double check that the mod and both ends of the ribbon cable are lined up properly in their respective slots.

If the problem is neither of those I'm guessing the mod is DOA. You have what should be one of the easiest Saturns to mod. :/

yup, I've re-soldered ever connection with no go. ribbons and chip are all lined up with pins correctly, and I can't see how it would be any other way since it's to tight in there :p

Looks like this thing is deader than disco...>ZING!

thanks,

Kingbuzzo.

Back